Our Parish History
Greek people emigrated to central Alabama around 1900.
During the 1920s and 30s the Greek Orthodox Community of Montgomery worshiped above the garage of St Johns Episcopal Church and in the Post-World War II era they purchased the site of our parish.
The Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church was founded in 1945 and built in 1948. Our parish has been an outpost of Orthodoxy in mid-Alabama, bringing the truths of the ancient eastern faith to the modern western world.